Celebrity Get The Look

Hi Everyone!

As you all know I love creating and experimenting with different makeup looks. Not only this, I love to recreate makeup looks and share with you guys how to achieve it. I was talking to my friend Nicole from In The Life of NM and we thought it would be fun to recreate a couple of makeup looks from the same celebrity. It didn't take us long to decide on a celebrity as we both LOVE Kylie Jenner's makeup, she always looks so flawless. Not everyone has the same taste in makeup, some people prefer a more natural finish, whereas others love statement makeup, therefore we thought we would do both! I will be showing you how to recreate a gorgeous red carpet smokey eye; for a more natural day to day look head over to Nicole's blog where she's taken inspiration from one of Kylie's more natural makeup looks. I would definitely recommend checking out Nicole's blog anyway as it's definitely one of my favourites in terms of layout and content.


As you can see from the picture, Kylie opted for a gold smoky eye, with dewy skin and a matte baby pink lip, so that's what I'll be recreating!

1. I began by priming my skin using Benefit Porefessional, I don't always use a primer, however Kylie's skin looks so flawless I felt I needed to! I then went in with my Maybelline Eraser Eye concealer to conceal any blemishes I had and blended this in with my beauty blender.

2. Kylie's foundation looks dewy, yet still full coverage. To recreate this I took my Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid foundation and buffed this all over my face, and then set it lightly with my Collection pressed powder.



3. I then went on to my brows. I usually fill my brows in a bit more than in this look, however Kylie's eyebrows are very natural but shaped. To recreate this I took my Anastasia Brow Wiz in Dark brown and lightly took it through my eyebrows.

4. I am obsessed with Kylie's eyeshadow look! The finish is very sharp so I went in with my good ol' celetape to ensure my eyeshadow and eyeliner were precise. I began by placing my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the shade 'on and on bronze' all over my lid. I then placed a champagne shade from my Smashbox palette all over my lid and slightly into my crease to avoid a patchy finish. Taking the darkest matte brown from the palette, I went along the tape to create a flick, and then blended this with a fluffy brush into my crease and slightly above for definition and BLEND. I then patted on a gold shimmery shade as well as a shimmery white in the inner corner and under the brow bone to add definition.

5. Eyeliner time! I took my trusty Collection Fast Stroke eyeliner to create a cat eye, as well as my Rimmel Scandal eyes eye pencil and mascara, these three are my go to eye products. I actually put on same fake eyelashes as well, as this was a red carpet look and really made the eyes the focus of the look.

6. Contour time! Kylie is usually very contoured, however from the image I based my look on, it's more about the highlighter. Despite this, I did bronze up my skin using my Rimmel Natural Bronzer, which is a matte bronzer. I then went in with my Revolution highlighter which is actually my favourite highlighter around, despite being extremely cheap!

7. Finally, lips. I love the colour Kylie has on her lips however, I had nothing identical in my collection! To achieve a similar colour, I lined my lips with MAC 'Soar' lip liner, and slightly contoured to add definition; however I don't suppose I'd ever of achieved a pout like Kylie's! I then took a matte Kiko lipstick; I'm unsure of the shade (sorry!) and placed it all over my lips. I put a small amount of my NYX matte lip cream in the Shade 'Milan' in the corners to slightly contour. Despite all this the finished colour was still too bright, so I actually took a matte white eyeshadow and dabbed it all over my lips so it was super matte and the perfect shade. Result!



And that's my finished look! I hope you have fun recreating this makeup look. To check out a gorgeous everyday makeup look inspired by Kylie Jenner, remember to head over to Nicole's blog.
Until next time,

Hannah xo  







3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous oh my x


    www.taintedblues.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Great working with you, Hannah! :)

    Nicole | In The Life of NM

    ReplyDelete