Dramatic Eyeshadow look

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my blog! Today I was in one of those moods where I just fancied doing my makeup all nice and showing you guys how to create a silver smoky eyeshadow look, perfect for a night out; you know those moods? There's nothing like a bit of glitter and some liquid eyeliner to create the perfect night out makeup look so that's exactly what I did. I admit, I did attempt a cut crease, however it was my first attempt (and I think I need practise) but overall I am pleased with the final outcome!



1. Before I begin, I used tape to create a sharp edge with this look, however it's up to you if you want to or not! So I began by putting a matte black shadow through my crease and taking this out in the shape of a flick as I would eyeliner. I really packed on the colour as blending (which is to follow) fades the depth of the black, and as the title suggests, I wanted a dramatic look. I used my Smashbox Full Exposure palette which I am loving at the moment. It has an amazing mixture of shimmers and mattes, however for the crease it's best to use matte eyeshadow.

2. Next I placed a primer and a shimmery silver shade, also from my Smashbox palette, all over my lid. This is basically just a base for the glitter to be applied at a later stage to prevent a patchy look. I then went in with a fluffy blending blush and blended the black eyeshadow to give it a smooth and neat finish.

3. This is the fun part! As I mentioned before I LOVE glitter for a night out. I have used pressed glitter as well as loose glitter previously, however for this look I actually used a glitter eyeliner! I love the precision an eyeliner can give, and there's no fall out whatsoever. My eyeliner of choice was the Collection Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner in the shade silver. This only cost £2.99 and it gave such a dramatic look, amazing. If you haven't tried a glitter liner as a shadow I would 100% recommend it.

4. Next up, eyeliner... and this time I mean using eyeliner for its actual purpose! I decided to do a thick wing as I wanted a dramatic look, however you can do your liner however your heart desires. Again, I used a collection one. I used the Fast Stroke eyeliner, which is my go to. I also lined my water line and tight line with a kohl black eyeliner from Rimmel, however I bet white would look amazing to really make the glitter pop. Why didn't I try that.. D'oh!

5. Lashes time! For a night out I sometimes wear false eyelashes which is exactly what I decided to do for this look. Despite this, I did use some mascara to make the lashes more natural and the look looked just fine without eyelashes if that's what you'd prefer. For mascara I used the Rimmel Scandal Eyes. In terms of falsies, I actually used Primark ones! However, I usually use the Eylure ones but I didn't have any around so I had no option. Despite this, I was SO impressed by these lashes. They were the natural ones, but to me they definitely didn't look natural. Yet they lasted so long and were so easy to apply. Will definitely be purchasing them again!




So that's the finished look, and here's a picture of me with the rest of my makeup. I opted for a nude lip as I didn't want to distract attention from the eye makeup.

I really hope you enjoyed this post and that it may help you when you're stuck for a makeup look! Until next time,

Hannah xo



7 comments:

  1. That glitter is so gorg and GLAM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous, great job, love this post!

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! You got your eye liner so perfect, mine always goes wrong haha. Would love if you could check out my fashion post? :)

    The Fashion Road
    Instagram @louisefrancescaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. glamorous and well done! love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing evening make up! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow me and I'll follow your blog back ASAP!<3 http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete