Festival essentials

Hi Everyone!

How are you all?! I firstly want to apologise for my lack of blog posts and interaction for the past month (!) or so. I am so excited to be back and doing another post as I've definitely been missing it. So with festival season already starting and with many more to come, I thought I would share with you all the things I see as essential (kinda) for when going to a festival; because let's face it, you're still going to have a good time minus the festival makeup but it sure helps. Enjoy!


So let's start with some beauty bits and bobs, my favourite! It can be hard to look as glamourous as you'd like when camping for a few days and dancing all day long, however you can certainly make the most of the situation!

Dry Shampoo- Possibly the biggest saviour for me at a festival. For someone who has naturally oily hair I need to wash it frequently to make it look half decent, so dry shampoo between washes is a MUST. You won't be getting your hair all nice at a festival (except maybe the first day), so in order to prevent visible greasiness and leaving your hair smelling fresh and easy to style, it's perfect. Batiste is by far my favourite brand for dry shampoo, especially the yummy cherry scent or the tinted products.

Makeup wipes- Makeup wipes are SO handy at festivals. They suddenly have so many uses! Makeup removing and freshening up (ew) are the two main ones however, but don't forget the deodorant and body sprays!

Makeup- Sounds obvious but in order to look refreshed and in the festival spirit I'm all about the bright colours and glitter, because if you can't at a festival, when can you? I am obsessed with this MUA palette called 'poptastic'. It's ideal for creating bright makeup looks. As well as this the Barry M body glitters are great to do cute patterns on your face or simply on a night out for a pretty makeup look. I may do a blog post on festival hair and makeup ideas so let me know if you would like that.



Next up is random essentials. As well as your standard tent and sleeping bag etc there's a few other bits which come in super handy when at a festival and these are some of my favourites.

Bum Bag (Fanny Pack, lol)- So previously I feel like there was a bit of a stigma around these in the way that they may not look the most fashionable. However I have recently noticed a lot of websites such as ASOS and Boohoo which are really nice, and so practical. I love having everything in site, particularly valuables so these are ideal for me. I love these three from Boohoo, ASOS and Topshop however so many websites offer nice ones.

Waterproofs- Despite wanting to look nice, it's always a good idea to pack some waterproof clothes such as a cute rain coat and wellies, so you look nice and are prepared for all weather. Thing is, if it's not raining you can go without, but at least you're prepared!

Sun stuff- On the other hand, sunglasses, a cute hat and sun cream is also important when the weather is temperamental like it is in the UK!

Extras- Festivals aren't the most luxurious of places so be sure to bring things like toilet roll, hand sanitizer and a first aid kit just in case! A little mirror is always handy too such as ones included in makeup palettes.


So there you have it! I hope you all enjoyed this post as well as any festivals you may be going to. Just have fun! Until next time

Hannah xo







0 comments:

Post a Comment