Eyebrow Tips and Tricks

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all doing fab. Today I'm doing a post about eyebrows. May be a bit random, yes, but eyebrows make such a difference to your overall facial appearance so I think it's important they get a little bit of tlc! Therefore I am going to be sharing with you a few of my go to tips and tricks to get the perfect brow; or almost perfect, remember eyebrows are sisters not twins.



1. DON'T over pluck.
This may seem like an obvious tip but I think the majority of us have been through that stage where we get a little too keen with the tweezers. There's one thing having a less bushy brow if that's what you prefer but over plucking is a big no no. I'm not saying let your brows grow so much you get a uni brow, just keep them well shaped, and if you're not confident doing them yourself, get a professional to do it!

2. DON'T over line.
The same tip can be given on the opposite end of the spectrum. Over lining your brows can give them a slug like appearance which can be unflattering. If you over line very slightly it can still give the appearance of a fuller brow, just don't go OTT.

3. Find what's best for you personally.
Whether it's waxing, threading or plucking, everyone has a preference. Do what you think works best for you and go with the shape which best suits your face shape. Again, some people prefer a professional, others prefer to do their brows themselves. Personally, I get them threaded now and again and maintain them myself.

4. Get the shade right.
The colour of product you use on your brows can completely alter their appearance. I like to use a dark shade on the outside of my brow and blend in a lighter shade in the inner corner to give a natural look.

5. Find your perfect product.
Filling in your brows can be difficult, however there are so many products available now, there's bound to be one which suits you. I love powder brow kits such as this one by Collection. However, I also love a brow pencil, my favourites being my Anastasia Brow Wiz and my Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil.

6. Technique.
As I previously stated I love to use a darker colour on the outer corner. As well as this I love to get an eyebrow brush to come through my brows to get the perfect blend of colours and to tame any unruly hairs. I found the website 'Into the gloss' had a great article on how to fill in brows which definitely helped me, you can check out the article here.

7. Neaten up.
After filling in my brows I like to go in with a concealer to neaten up the overall appearance of the brows. This really makes them stand out as a strong brow. Again, just make sure this is blended out so it looks natural still!


Ta Da! And that's my finished brow look. I hope you all found this useful, remember to head over to Into The Gloss for more useful tips and tricks, as well as maybe checking out a few YouTube videos which would definitely help. Until next time,

Hannah xo

3 comments:

  1. I love your photos, your brows are amazing! Great tips, recently I have been loving Benefit's Gimme Brow to keep my brows in place through the day x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I couldn't agree more; Benefit brow products are my absolute favourites xx

      Delete
  2. This girl knows what shes talking about; Miss brows on fleek award over here ;)

    ReplyDelete